About the Department
Roorkee Institute of Technology, Roorkee aims at producing several eminent engineers, who are skilled, knowledgeable and can provide significant contributions in the planning and execution of civil engineering projects. Our institute is considered best civil engineering college in Uttrakhand as it has grown into a well-equipped department with specializations in all the major areas of civil engineering.
Site visits are arranged to give the students practical idea along with laboratory classes in Surveying, Hydraulics and Soil Engineering, Analysis and design of Steel and Concrete Structures and Foundation Engineering. The students can opt for a special elective subject prescribed in the curriculum. A survey camp is arranged for the benefit of the students. Practical classes in Computer Aided Structural Analysis and Environmental Engineering are other features. In the Final year, management and maintenance of construction projects are also dealt. The students have to undertake challenging real projects individually in analysis and design of structures.
- Apply the principles of science and mathematics to provide solutions in civil engineering.
- Plan, analyze, design, execute and manage the civil engineering projects.
- Conduct field tests and experiments, interpret the results and provide solutions.
- Apply modern engineering tools and software in civil engineering.
- Carryout research and provide innovative solutions to meet the challenges in civil engineering.
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards ethical issues, environmental and societal responsibilities; display effective communication skills, life-long learning and ability to work in teams.
Rit offers b.tech degree with specialization certification programme. The programme prepares the student according to the industrial requirement. During the four-year b.tech programme, students get the specializations in the area of their interest and the requirement of the market for the placements. The certification is offered in the following areas-
- B.Tech. CE with Auto CAD
- B.Tech. CE with REVIT
- B.Tech. CE with Project cost analysis
- B.Tech. CE with Tendering
- B.Tech. CE with Award and execution of work
- B.Tech. CE with CPM and PERT
- B.Tech. CE with Solid works
Advance Construction Materials
Slope Stability Analysis
Building Foundation Design
Construction Quality Audit
Dams & Reservoirs
SEMESTER WISE SKILL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM:
|1||1st or 2nd||C CERTIFICATE COURSE|
|2||3rd||BUILDING MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION|
|5||6th||CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY, DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURE-I|
|6||7th||CONSTRUCTION ECONOMICS AND FINANCE|
|7||8th||STADD PRO V8i|
PROPOSED INDUSTRIAL VISITS
|S.no.||Semester||No of Industrial Visits||Proposed Organization|
|1||3rd||3||Pathri Power House|
- CAD Lab
- Water Quality Lab
- Air Quality Lab
- Survey Instruments Lab
- Concrete Testing Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- More Labs
- Material Testing
- Hydraulic Machinery
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Concrete and Highway Engineering
- Industrial Waste Utilization
- More Details
Prof. Ajay Singh
- Experience: (46 Years)
- Other (Central Building Research Institute-CBRI Retired)